About Me

My photo
I'll post spontanious things at random times. Don't expect Blog upkeep, this is just for my future reference as a collection of memories.

Blog Archive

Tuesday 30 November 2010

Fun times in manchester

Friday the 26th was an important day in the world, My friend whom I was lucky to be introduced to last time I was in Manchester invited me to come stay with her at her Nans house with my friend Jenni. It was her 18th birthday, a big day in her life..

I started my friday off early going to the Local cash machine and starbucks as I needed to take some money out for the weekend I was about to be spending in manchester. I then took a bus to the hair salon and got the front of my hair dyed purple, I've never coloured my hair before and it was a fun experience.

Me with Blonde hair
Purple shit


Me and Jenniboo

Me and my bestest friend Jenni then got ready together and took the train to Manchester.. Greeted by a familiar face, Lou.. We were taken to a McDonalds to get something to eat whilst we waited for Chiggs.
 After we had our McDonalds we then set off to a packed Christmas Market to kill some time and get Jenni some Danish mini pancakes.

Lou and Myself

Lou and Jenni at the Market

Santa

We trapsed around Manchesters festive Market for a good 40 minutes whilst waiting for Chiggs and ended up back outside of the same Mcdonalds.. I learned that I am not suited for city life as I hate being in big crowds of people being pushed about, I like my space.

But finally, the birthday girl had arrived and we then set off to her house to begin getting ready for what was a really fun night out.. Telling dead baby and ginger jokes along the way, we killed alot of time on the bus journey to her home.


Me and Chigg's on the bus

Chiggs, the hostess with the mostess! Was so nice to us and her family made us feel so welcome staying the weekend. Her and her Grandmother made me feel like part of their family and my stay there really meant alot to me.

Once we got to her house, we were greeted by her Grand mother who everyone refers to as Nan. She was a lovely little lady who offered us anything we could possibly need, Like I said before.. it really meant alot and her kindness was greatly appreciated... Sadly I didnt get any pictures with her.

We had predrinks up in Chigg's room as we got ready to go out.. Nothing starts a night out better than Champagne and friends. Lou who sadly wasn't 18 and had no ID sadly couldn't join us.. so we parted as we set off to get the bus back into town..
WE ARE READY TO GO!


This is us giggling at some Graffiti before we got on the bus
!

We said our good byes to Lou Lou and set off out to the first bar, Garretts which was a Student Bar just outside of the gay village, on our way we heard a familiar "ooo ooo ooo oo ooo oo ooo ooo oo ooo ooo ooo ooo" to which a few people replied "BARBRA STREISAND" That became our song for the weekend, We played the barbra streisand game trying to get drunk people to sing along.. The Atmosphere in Garretts soon got boring and we moved onto more a place with a more lively atmosphere..

My hoes <3

On our way into the village 2 nice Nigerian men sold us some wristbands, Me, Chiggs and Jenni are now officially GAY 'N' PROUD (Thanks btw Chiggs, I'll wear it forever).Not knowing the village very well, we stopped at the first place that looked good.. QUEER! This was a bar with the most attractive Bartenders in the world.. They all wore Tshirts that said "queer" on them, Sadly I didnt get one *sadface*

We drank, we danced and we took pictures whilst we were still sober enough to operate a camera.. and thankgod we didn't take any pictures of me dancing.. because its not a pretty sight and I CANNOT dance..







There may had only been three of us, because alot of people dropped out.. but I think I speak for all of us when I say we probably would of had a better time like that.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHIGGS! <3

Well and truly drunk we headed out from Queer, and into Spirit which is another Gaybar almost next door to it.. We drank and danced more late into the night.. until... *grumble* We got hungry.. We Barbra Streisanded our way to the closest McDonalds.. which oddly had employed bouncers.. Chiggs in her drunkness insisted this was the best nightclub we had been to all night.. "THIS IS THE BEST PLACE EVER!!!! WE SHOULD COME HERE AGAIN!!!" Kind of freaking out the guy serving us.

Ending the night early we went back to Chigg's snook upstairs, got into our Pjama's and slept, afterall... We were going out again on the Saturday night..

That day we spent shopping and wondering around manchester looking for something to eat, we met up with a group of Chigg's other friends and ate at a Nandos, then we went to see dispicible me where I seen the most beautiful guy. Long blonde hair, he even kept looking over at me.. I wish I was brave enough to go speak to him.. I guess I'll just regret that and move on.

After a kids film I almost cried at, we got ready for Chigg's friends 18th who we came along as +1's to, was really nice.. A great party.. got really drunk though I did feel a bit awkward not knowing anyone, and it really sucks when its too loud to speak to anyone. As the night drew to an end I went to try and stop the 2 guys coming onto my friends.. They didnt seem to be enjoying being persued so I said "I dont think your boyfriend will be too pleased with you speaking to my friend like  that" then I acted shocked when he then tried to convince me he was straight. I then told him hes probably best to leave my friend alone and go kiss and make up with his boyfriend. This is were it got good, he was so drunk he started rambling on about how he would kiss this other guy if we wanted him to. Chiggs started cheering them on and they did. It was really quite funny. Then Chiggs said afterwards.. "now do Nic do Nic" and suprisingly, they did.. *checks off list of things to do before i die* (kiss 2 straight guys) It was fun and it brightened up my night.. Me chiggs and jenni then went home to her nan's where we ended up drunkenly spooning in bed.

When we awoke we then went for the worst tasting mc donalds ive ever eaten. I've decided food courts are grose.. you get hearded in to eat like animals. We took our time going to the station and then said our good byes to Chiggs.. Back to Sunny Runcorn we went, where I could rot in my room for another few months. I should get out more xD

Till I decide I need to keep a useless record of my life again. BAIII!

No comments:

Post a Comment