About Me

My photo
I'll post spontanious things at random times. Don't expect Blog upkeep, this is just for my future reference as a collection of memories.

Blog Archive

Friday 8 April 2011

Filling the void between now and university..

I supposed I should spare a few minutes to try and write something about.. Something. Because I do not want to have let too many months pass before my next entry.

Doesn’t time fly when you’re doing fuck all, eh? There has been a new year, I spent the new years eve with my family at my friend Jenni’s Parents. It was a quiz show themed night injected with Paul’s (Jenni’s stepdads) humour, meaning it was absolute filth.. Well, as much filth he could get away with as there was kids present. 

What else has there been? I seriously have to wrack my brain here to think of anything interesting to write... January, February and March have all been and gone each one more uneventful than the last.
I have finally sorted out my student finance etc. Filling in them forms and getting them all sent off really meant something to me, it was my ticket out of Runcorn and my ticket to at least a semi eventful life.. Its funny, how your chain off thought works, I was about to say “A chance to find my purpose!” (A line from Avenue Q) This reminded me! 

 I went to Norfolk in March to see my brother and his lovely husband, meet a friend I had spoken to through Warcraft and also to see something I had been dying to watch for ages...  Avenue Q! 

Avenue Q was wonderful, funny and I loved every minute of it, after the show we then went out for a few drinks. I met my friend Ben, then me Ivan and Paul went home and I got to stay in their lovely guest room, I rarely get to sleep in a double bed and although I was by myself, it was great to say the least. 

The next day like a child being babysat I was taken around to Ben’s house where he would take me around and show me the sights of Norfolk. We spent the morning drinking cup after cup of tea and chatting, we had never really spoken in person until the previous night and that was only briefly. It was not awkward at all which was nice and he made me feel really welcome, we set off out at lunch time and we met up with his friend whom he lovingly referred to as “Dorris” we went into his little apartment, drank yet more tea and set off to find somewhere nice to eat. We settled on just getting a hotdog from a local butcher. 

Yes… Three gay guys sat in a car, sampling the finest sausages in Norfolk, so many innuendos…

After lunch we went to find a nice café, and a nice café it was… it was a small family business, and the interior was that of which you would imagine a 50s American style café to be. Tall frothy milkshakes, pancakes, the lot! Even more beautiful than the café itself was the guy who brought us our 3 lattés…  Tall, Blonde, Rugged and Blue eyes…  Need I say more? We said our goodbyes to Ben’s cheery and camp friend and Ben took me around the local shopping centres and we did some window shopping. Window shopping in expensive shops I wouldn’t be caught dead in because I normally feel so out of place. We looked around the dim lit shop, surrounded by pretentious shop assistants looking down their noses at me then made our way out to pick up Bens boyfriend from work and return to his picturesque 3 story country house.

Ben had invited my brother and his husband around for a meal, it all seemed like it was in my honour because I was visiting, and considering my brother and Ivan had never been inside his house we thought it would have been a little weird. Turns out, it wasn’t. It was light hearted, fun and really tasty!

After a delicious meal cooked for us by Bens wonderful boyfriend, we embarked on a trip to their local Gay bar, The Castle. Where Ben met one of his friends there George, who had made countless attempts to hit on me that night. I politely declined his numerous advances as I’m an emotional wreck as it is and I liking someone who lived a 6 hour train journey away would fuck with my head a little too much. He at one point asked if he could “pick me up” which confused the hell out of me, we were dancing… What in the fuck did he mean by that? He was a big guy, so I politely said no and wondered what the hell he was talking about, he obviously had a lot to drink. Hey, he was hitting on me after all. 

The night drew to an end and my brother came to pick us up, the guy previously hitting on me was now throwing up, my judgement came through on this one… I would of felt like a turd if I had done anything with the guy then he threw up. Minus 100 self-esteem points? Luckily I got to keep my self-esteem, and after delivering everyone home safe I got to return to my lovely guest room and comfy double bed so I could sleep for the big car journey back the next day.

Aside from that my life is the definition of uneventful, day in day out of doing nothing… I am still playing badminton, Still barely leaving the house and I am still signing on in the scum cen… I mean job centre, as I am a huge doley, until University, I can’t wait for September…

WE WE WE SO EXCITED! 

No comments:

Post a Comment