About Me

My photo
I'll post spontanious things at random times. Don't expect Blog upkeep, this is just for my future reference as a collection of memories.

Blog Archive

Wednesday 20 October 2010

My time as a tourist in my own Country..

I think it is time for a much needed update guys.. I know I havn't updated in a while.. But fuck it, no one reads my shit anyway.. Was one of my best friends birthdays on the 7th of october, I went to her awesome birthday party.. I like seeing her family, her family is much bigger than mine, and they all get together for birthdays and christmas etc.. its really nice, I never really have that atmosphere my self because my family is a little smaller.. but I digress from the story. After the festivities, having her mums famous hotpot, I would have eaten it if I ate meat, heck I was pretty close, It's one of those things you remember from your childhood. Like when ever I eat tinned spaghetti, one bite and I am instantly transported to my Great Nana's living room, on her coach with her small blue table and a bowl of tinned spaghetti shapes.. I would have a tin of this every day after she would pick me up from school when I was little.. But yeah..

Digressing again it seems, sorry.. My friends brother then decided that it would be fun to go for a drink in the Old Town, it was a thursday and we had a big weekend ahead of us, so the Old Town for a few quiet drinks was nice. We had a nice time, I had to get very drunk because if you don't know already, The Old Town has the only night life in Runcorn.. Yes, Runcorn.. So obviously it is shit.. The only slightly lively area is a witherspoons, and even the majority of that is filled with old middle aged men watching the football..We stumbled back at a respectable 1am, it was nice as my ID came the day before and me and Jenni together, both bought our first Legal drinks. Was a nice moment to share.

Anyway I went straight to bed when I got in as Friday and Saturday I was to be marking another moment in my life, I was going to my first Gay bar, fun times haha.. I am such a shut-in.. My brother invited me to stay with him for the weekend in manchester as he was booking a hotel there and going to be out in all the clubs himself.

My brother Paul is erm.. My big gay brother, and I think he was trying to get me laid or something.. I was extremely scared I just wanted to go out and get very drunk..

Anyway I woke up to my parents arguing over something silly downstairs (They were decorating our front room, They both thrive on arguments.. they love it, I just leave them to it now) I sorted out my train times, packed my stuff as I was staying the weekend and called my brother Chris for a lift to the train station.. Manchester isn't even that far away, I've been there before but only going to the airport or something, Never actually got out and been around the City.. So it was infact a new experience for me.

Whilst in the car my brother Chris handed me .. a handful of condoms "Trust me, gay men are all dirty" he said to me and pushed them into my hand..I took them with an unamused face.. I wasn't going out for some one night stand or anything.. Just wanted to go out, maybe meet some guy I have been speaking to for a few weeks online, but I hadn't told anyone about that (I'll tell you about me making a complete fool of my self later).. The condoms were probably incase I went off with some random guy.. but thats really not me at all, I'm a hopeless romantic afterall, Want some Knight in shining armour or some shit like that, and lets face it my face is STI prevention enough as it self, nothing is going to want to have sex with *points to self as if a sassy black woman* Alllll thiiiisss *snaps fingers and flicks hair*

Anyway, after getting out at Runcorn east train station I realised just how much of a shut-in I really was, I am useless in day-to-day life, I couldnt even figure out the train timetable, I ended up just asking. I got on at some shit, hole in the ground deadbeat towns station and got off in to me what was wonderland.. A bustling city. I was in awe, I really want to live there or somewhere similar.. I seen so many ethnic backgrounds, heard so many different languages being spoken, I seen so many different styles of fashion ( I seen some cosplayers who I couldnt resist waving to and saying I loved their costumes), Buskers on the street ( I also applauded walking by, as no one else took much notice they smiled and winked at me), I seen gay couples holding hands and do you want to know the best thing that I seen? I seen that no one, not one person batted an eyelid, or made an issue about peoples differences.. I mean, I am sure it happends somewhere in that big city.. but just not as much as where I live.. If you were to look different, or be different in Runcorn, you will litterally be shouted and ridiculed in the middle of the street, for causing no harm to anyone, maybe even physically abused. It was a happy day for me..

..Anywaaay, being the clueless person who rarely leaves his room never mind Runcorn was completely lost and even though my Brother gave me directions, I still couldnt find the hotel that we were staying at so he had to come and find me. We went for coffee, then back to the hotel and chatted for a bit.. It was nice as me and my brother rarely see each other and was good to catch up. We sat around for a bit playing on Grindr (Some application for gay people on the iphone/blackberry, lets you speak to gay people and tells you how far away they are)  ALOT more gays in manchester than there are in runcorn I can tell you, and extremely close.. I turn on the application to find 3 people offering me money for sex.. Me and my brother lol'd at the dirty perverts and he threatened to pimp me out.. Paul the Pimp.. after sitting around it then got dark so we got ready and went out to Canal street, I had been there once before with him in the day time it was nice during the day, but incredible during the night, so lively.. You had your bad drag queens with beards and hairy legs, you had your flamboyant gays frollicing about the place and of course you had your sexy guys EVERYWHERE.

We went to a few pubs, and met with some of his friends.. The first group of friends we met up with in some bar that a friendly bouncer showed us to, he was being awfully nice to my brother.. awfully.. nice.. hahaha. We then got out of there and went to a few other places getting increasingly drunk, we some how ended up in some underground bar, which happened to have a leather night that night on... We went in for shits and giggles, Half of this giant bar was dim, not dark... just dim, and the other half some how was pitch black apart from the tv screens which had some really, hardcore stuff on apparently, I didnt venture over to that side in fear of being pushed on the floor and raped.. it was bad enough on the side i could see on, it was full of bald middle aged men in leather, with handlebar moustaches.. yes, the stereotype is real and exists.. All leering at me, it was like I was cage diving with sharks, except the sharks wanted to rape me and I had no cage.. Was nice to have some attention for a change, even if it was from.. Dirty old men.. I kid. But seriously..

We then got out of that bar after a few drinks as we thought it was best to make a hasty exit before imminent rape, then we split up with them and went to some place called New York, was nice, good music etc. but a tired brother, we then went back to the hotel.. quite early only about 2 am, I am glad of it now I think of it else I wouldn't of survived the saturday.

I woke up around 10 am and got some breakfast and coffee from starbucks (another thing I love about cities, they have a coffee shop on every corner) and I got my brother some paracetamol, he was all tuckered out it was so cute.

Saturday I was meeting with Jenni, so I spent all morning texting her and then met her at the train station. We met and then had a walk around, and then met up with some of her friends she was supposed to be meeting, I am glad that I met them too, because they are great people and we had a fun time. We spent the day like tourists, taking pictures of silly things and being amazed at everything.. Especially all of the hot guys that lived there.. We had to explain that if you were to go to the shopping centre in runcorn, and count attractive people, you could spend all day there and count 2 (if you are lucky).. now, we made them look out for the hot guys, they never noticed them before, and we spent all day counting them as we shopped. 487 we came to. Not bad indeed. We then went for something to eat at nandos, Well I didn't eat but I started on the drinking, Had a glass of sangria, not the best but hey.. its alcoholic haha. We bought her friends a bottle of wine at some shop with a very funny entrance then split up for everyone to go get ready, me and Jenni went back to the hotel, after some very last minute shopping. 

 Sexy faces and getting strange looks from peoples in Nando's


 Worst placed electrical box, ever.. We had to squeeze past to get in

We then got ready for a night out to celebrate Jenni's birthday with her other friends. We set out for what was a very fun night..

Jenni looking absolutely stunning.

 Me looking like.. me.. and Jenni looking purty.


We went to the first place which was a Student bar, called Garretts me and Jenni had a few drinks together before her other friends shown up, 2 managed to get in we had a few drinks then the other 2 couldn't get in as no one had ID so we left there and went to another place called Rock Kitchen, Really loud, the music downstairs wasnt quite my thing as I just felt a bit uncomfortable, Though we went upstairs to the quieter more laid back indie room which was nice, I loved it.. I didn't really know the artists of the songs playing but I l liked them regardless, and I we played the I have never drinking game.. I won at that every time because I am so.. innocent? I think boring would be a better word.. I need to sort my life out haha! Anyway, I ended up just shotting a bunch of stuff to get drunk fast! as I needed to relax, me and Jenni soon said our good byes and ventured up to canal street, hugged some strangers as Jenni got some attention for her 18th banner she proudly wore. Then we went on the mission that was to find my brother! We went to a bunch of bars, had a few drinks.. I ended up needing the loo and found my self in a Lesbian toilet some how, I appologised and they insisted I stay because I was a "charming young fellow" there was a queue for the loo's and I chatted with a rather large lady and her partner, she was asking me what the sex toys in the machine did.. and I did my best to try explain.. who am I kidding? I've never even seen a another mans penis in person, yet I told her what she wanted to know! It was my turn, I did my business, washed my hands, wished the nice lesbians a pleasent night and left. We ended up just texting him and found him in some bar with another friend of his, we went up and proceeded to get even drunker.. I remember being at my usual limit and wanting to stop but my brothers friend bought me and Jenni a shot and we couldnt really refuse. I asked the drag queen to annouce Jenni's birthday, The drag queen called Nana, Made me feel her boob.. *shudders* And at the bar some man said he wanted to have sex with me for my fringe staring into my eyes.. wanting to make the awkward situation go away, I told him I had a boyfriend to which he replied "me too" still staring.. "erm, thats nice" I said taking my drinks and sitting back down where my brother and Jenni was..

I've never danced ever before in my life, and still havn't because what I did was in fact not dancing, but a combination for flailing and swaying, but I was completely pissed off my head, so to me that was dancing, but we had fun  'dancing' and I laughed alot at my brothers friend dancing with the drag queen we had some fun there and Jenni had been texting behind my back whilst in that bar, texting a guy that I liked and have been speaking to for a few weeks.

To my shock she said we are going to some bar called Alter Ego, and I just knew why because she had that look on her face, the look of someone trying to set you up. I frantically started to sober up but to no avail, I was waaaay past my limit, sleepy and feeling sick.. I was a mess and I was pretty sure I was about to meet some really cute charming funny guy. Who was pretty sober, We went down, 'danced' for a bit, jenni texting away, I turned around to see him and his friend.. my jaw dropped, I quickly turned around and mouthed the words "oh, my, god" to Jenni, with a look of utter panic on my face.. I didn't want him to see me like this, I'm not pretty when I'm drunk.. Well, I am not pretty when I am sober either, but its a figure of speech! Worse than usual then. He bought me a drink which was really nice of him and we chatted as much as the loud music would of let us, he looked after me which was really nice too because I was a state.. A real, drunken mess.. Stayed with us all night until about half 7 even though he had work at 10. He let me cuddle into him and hold his hand, we danced a little bit.. I think. Then left for the next club as it was about half 4 and the one we were in was closing.

Jenni bought a kebab as she was hungry and me and this guy waited outside for her.. A seedy looking man came over and offered me and him some Coke.. I remember being so excited "Oooooo! My first ever drug offering" I was so out of it, I think I asked if it was Diet or something.. and we said no and he went away. We stumbled to the next club he even let me hold his hand which was nice..We got there and I just remember sitting on the couches and him letting me cuddle into him. We then got up and he bought me a bottle of water ( I kept the lid as a souvineer, is that creepy? I'm so weird :< but no one has ever been that nice to me before ) and then we danced.. it was one of them moments in my life I think its either pure coincidence or just really really freaky. My favourite song came on at that exact moment, Don't stop believing.. I fucking love that song then straight afterwards, his favourite song came on "fuck you" by Cee Lo Green.. I had alot of fun and forgot for a moment just how drunk I was, just there, with someone that was too good to be true. PITY ME BECAUSE I AM DRUNK??!?!

We danced a bit longer, I think I scared him off a bit because he met me in person.. not just my sexy night elf druid and CHARMING PERSONALITY (Where Charming = demented, delusional, offensive and idiotic) .. then we sat down a bit again before leaving, I think I remember him saying that I have nice eyes, I wanted to kiss him but I didn't want him to think I was just being slutty whilst drunk.. Who am I kidding, my mouth tasted like booze and puke and I didn't want to scare him away more so than I think I already did.. I will say less about him now because he will read this and be freaked out.. HI PAUl! O.O

 So, the night was nearing an end.. I made him show me where our hotel was, and the train station.. Because we were clueless  as to where we actually were, we got our things and at the train station he waited around for a bit with us until we could figure out how to get back to runcorn. We bought our tickets and got on the coach as the trains wern't running yet. We ran for tickets as the coach was about to leave and I said my good byes to this guy, I honestly dont remember what happened I gave him a kiss on the cheek and said good bye and got onto the coach. Sunday morning, was a sad day.. Leaving the city of gay people holding hands and coffee shops on every corner and me and Jenni were thoroughly hung over.



We got back into Runcorn, Jenni's mum gave us a lift home and I went and collapsed in bed.

I hope that'll tide you until I can be bothered to update this thing again.

Here are some pictures of us being like tourists in our own country.






Until next time when I decide to update this thing..

I see you driving 'round town with the girl I love and I'm like, Fuck you! Oo, oo, ooo




1 comment: